The 5 Major Customer Behavior Differences Between Amazon Europe and Amazon US
Amazon is one of the largest and most successful e-commerce platforms in the world, serving customers in various countries and regions. While Amazon offers a similar experience for customers across its different platforms, there are notable differences in customer behavior between Amazon Europe and Amazon US. Below our top 5:
1. Market size and growth rate - Amazon US is the largest e-commerce market in the world, with a larger customer base and higher sales volume compared to Amazon Europe. However, the e-commerce market in Europe is growing at a faster rate and is expected to continue to do so in the coming years.
2. Product categories - The product categories that are popular on Amazon Europe and Amazon US can differ significantly. For example, fashion and beauty products are more popular on Amazon Europe, while electronics and home goods are more popular on Amazon US.
3. Delivery times - Delivery times for products on Amazon Europe are generally longer than those on Amazon US, with customers in Europe often having to wait an additional 1-2 days for their purchases to arrive. This can impact customer behavior, as they may choose to buy from other platforms with faster delivery times.
4. Price sensitivity - Customers in Europe tend to be more price-sensitive compared to those in the US, which can impact their purchasing behavior. They are often more likely to compare prices across different platforms before making a purchase and are more likely to choose the option with the best value for money.
5. Brand loyalty - Brand loyalty can also differ between Amazon Europe and Amazon US. Customers in Europe tend to be more loyal to well-established brands, while those in the US are often more open to trying new and emerging brands.
In conclusion, customer behavior on Amazon Europe and Amazon US can differ significantly due to differences in market size, product categories, delivery times, price sensitivity, and brand loyalty.
At MarketLeap we help brands understand these differences and tailor their offerings and strategies for success on expanding on Amazon US or Europe. Do not hesitate to reach out.